"I Think. I Blog. I think some more. Hmmm..."

My photo
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
I'm new to Blogging. Why do I have a Blog? Frankly, I'm not entirely sure. But I'm glad you're here and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"The Matters That Matter"

The Matters That Matter

“It doesn’t matter, she was just lookin’ at you.”
--Firefall

Sometimes the incredibly obvious escapes my attention.
You too?
Take Blogging, for example. My three previous Blogs were pretty long, all well over 1000 words. They took more time to write than I really have to spare, perhaps as a consequence of the topics they covered: Blogging, Race, and Our Nation’s Political & Fiscal Condition.
But to my and probably your relief, this Blog will be much shorter. And if you’re still around, look for future ones to be sometimes longer, sometimes shorter and frequently something in between.
Oh, there’s certainly no shortage of topics. There’s plenty going on in the world and in my own little corner of it to write about. Matters great and small--from the literally earth-shaking, tragic news in Japan to the historic march my UConn Men’s Basketball Huskies just made in winning the Big East Conference Championship—many things have commanded my attention since last week’s Blog.
In fact, too many matters matter. I seem to find myself barely able to keep up with what’s going and still remain focused on what really matters.
So sorry, Charlie. I wish you well. I really do.But things are a tad busy. So when it comes to your situation, I'll have to get back to ya’, okay? But thanks for understanding...and hey man, hang in there.
You guys know what I mean, right?
Hmmm…that’s a relief.
So for this week, I’m going to keep it short and simple: 幸運とご多幸を祈る to those in Japan, and GO UCONN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment